Mex Y Can Dance Group is formed by kids and teenagers interested in performing folkloric Mexican dance.
No experience needed. Group is open to the general public.
- Time: 6:30 – 7:30 pm
- 5 classes $25 for Mex Y Can members
- 5 classes $50 for non-members
- If two or more kids join there will be a 50% applicable discount per extra kid.
- Includes studio space for practice and instructor’s fees
- Location: Hot Yoga Winnipeg @ 301 Nassau St N, Winnipeg, MB R3L 2J5
- Rhythm and movement
- Dance techniques
- Intro to Latin dancing
- Hip hop
- With option to complement with Mexican folkloric dance
- End of course presentation
1 hr. duration class with the opportunity to gather (share snacks and play) after classes. Parents are welcome to stay and socialize! (Dates and time changes may occur)
|Class 1||Sat, Nov 3, 6:00-7:00|
|Class 2||Sat, Nov. 17, 6:30|
|Class 3||Nov 19- 23Sat, Nov. 24, TBA|
|Class 4||Sat, Dec. 1, TBA|
|Class 5||Sat, Dec 8. 2:00|
Presentation At posada/Christmas party-TBA
Download and complete the following information by e-mailing it to [email protected]
About Instructor Hilde Gonzalez
Hilde Gonzalez’ experience and training as a dancer include classical ballet, jazz, contemporary and hip hop. She has participated in international tours as a dancer for stars such as Back Street Boys, Shakira, Christian Castro, Thalía, Emmanuel, Marco Antonio Solís, etc. She has participated both as a dancer and as a choreographer for Video and TV productions (Al Ritmo de la noche, Siempre en Domingo, Nuestra Belleza Mexico, etc.) and for brands such as Sabritas, Comex, Colgate, Wella, Volvo, VW, etc.
Hilde became a Hatha Yoga instructor under the guidance of Master Tony Sanchez (Master and teacher or the 84 Asanas Bishnu Gosh lineage). She became the owner of Hot Yoga Winnipeg in 2009, where she shares the benefits of yoga and continues to enjoy dance by delivering recreational dance lessons.
- Royal Academy of Dance Mexico
- Estudio de Danza de Ema Pulido, Mexico
- Broadway Dance Centre, NY, USA
- Steps dance studio, LA, USA
Choreographers & Dance Companies:
- Javier Garcia, Daniel Games, Bernardo Rubinstein
- Dance Project, Compañía de Danza, Mauricio Rendo
This activity is partially funded with a grant from the Manitoba government, Ethnocultural Community Support Program.