- Mex Y Can Association of Manitoba Inc. is an incorporated a non-profit organization, without any political or religious views. Its main goal is to bring together Mexicans and their families in order to promote activities that will preserve their culture and traditions in Canada. Mex Y Can promotes Mexican heritage by organizing social, cultural, academic and athletic events within Manitoba.
- We are currently looking for a graphic design individual/firm who can design several materials for the cultural activities of the Association.
Expected Designer Qualifications
- Possess up-to-date knowledge to interpret our needs and to design solutions with high visual impact.
- Proven graphic designing experience.
- Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas.
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies (Ex: In Design, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop etc).
- Highly proficient in all design aspects.
- Professionalism regarding time, costs and deadlines.
- Knowledgeable in Spanish would be an asset.
- Work on a variety of visual materials (print and digital), including the website, events posters, e-banners (for social media use), various advertisements, sponsorship packages, among other needs. Other main events include: Cinco de Mayo, Independence Day Celebration, Day of the Dead, Posada, any other fundraising social or cultural events.
- Meet with Mex Y Can representative to determine the scope of a project (online or in-person).
- Advise Mex Y Can on strategies to reach a particular audience.
- Determine the message the design should portray.
- Create images that identify an event or convey a message.
- Develop graphics for events, such as illustrations
- Select colors, images, text style, and layout.
- Present the design to a Mex Y Can representative.
- Incorporate changes recommended by Mex Y Can representative into the final design.
- Review designs for errors (ex: typos, mismatched graphics, etc.) before printing or publishing them.
- All final print materials will be owned by Mex Y Can (including data files). Mex Y Can may need the ability to update and maintain files (such as changing date, time, cost, etc.) for future use as needed.
- All artwork will be owned by Mex Y Can – including the ability to use artwork in additional materials (be it print, web, t‐shirt designs, electronic media, etc.) if we so choose.
- Mex Y Can reserves the right to reject any or all bids, and to accept or further negotiate cost, terms, or conditions of any bid determined by Mex Y Can to be in our best interests even if not the lowest bid.
This RFP is primarily for the design of Mex Y Can cultural events materials but other materials may be considered as required. The following is a current list of materials to be designed:
- Events that require a poster, sponsorship package, a program, certificate of Participation (Performers) Template and Certificate of Appreciation (Volunteers) Template
o Cinco de Mayo o Independence Day and Mex Y Can 15th birthday gala o Day of the Dead Celebration o Posada
- Events that require to personalize a poster template provided by a third party
o Culture Days
Period of Award
- The award period for this service will be January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019.
- This service may be renewable upon mutual agreement, but at the discretion of Mex Y Can.
Official Communications and Inquiries
- This RFP will be posted on the Mex Y Can Association Website at www.mexycanmb.ca and sent by invitation to previous graphic designer who have volunteered and occasionally contracted by Mex Y Can.
- Prospective bidders may submit written inquiries via e‐mail to [email protected] to obtain clarification of the work requirements.
Contract Award and Negotiation
- All proposals will be evaluated on presentation of all qualifications. Cost is only one consideration of the requirements and is not the deciding element. The criteria will consider creativity, flexibility, experience, familiarity with Mexican culture, previous volunteering with Mex Y Can in designs.
- Mex Y Can will entertain joint/sub‐contracted proposals, where appropriate proof of competence can be established. In the event that there is only one bidder on the project, Mex Y Can reserves the right to negotiate for the services with the bidder submitting the proposal in lieu of accepting the proposal as is.
- The selected bidder will be notified no later than December 31, 2018.
- The deadline to submit proposal and materials is Friday, December 14, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
- Please submit a copy of the proposal with supporting documents as a single PDF by email to [email protected]
- The following items are to be included in your proposal. All materials submitted will be retained by Mex Y Can:
- Letter should introduce the designer/firm, provide a summary of qualifications as well as any exceptions to the RFP (if any).
Designer/Firm Information and/or Resume
- Provide the designer/firm name address, phone number, name of principals if applicable, main project contact, and website.
- Year designer/firm was established and/or year began providing graphic design services.
- A comprehensive list of services that the designer/firm provide.
- Describe previous graphic design experience.
- Provide the names and contact information for two client references.
- We reserve the right to contact the references provided as well as other references without prior notification to the designer/firm. It is preferred, but not required that bidders have experience providing services to non‐profit organizations.
Samples of Similar Work
- Provide three examples of previous graphic design work that includes at least one multi‐page newsletter/magazine.
Approach to Scope of Work
- Briefly describe any project approaches or ideas that the designer/firm feels will separate them from other bidders.
- Provide specific timelines or schedules that the designer/firm would require in order to have materials on time.
Provide itemized cost for the following:
- Design services per event promotional posters
- Design services per event promotional sponsorship program